Meatless Monday has been a trend for a good long while. There’s something satisfying about eating lean, using wholesome ingredients, and providing a meal that is different…in a good way.
But there is so much more to Monday than meal planning. In fact, there is so much more to living than meal planning. These weekly posts absolutely help you plan creative dishes for the family, but our main aim is to start the week by encouraging you. Nobody really loves jumping back into daily routines after lazy summer weekends, so if you’re looking for the motivation to get fit, get crafty, and get moving (with a little Cayisa flair) then you’ve come to the right place.
When you take a moment to manage yourself – and most importantly, your mind – you’re able to tackle the rest of the week with your head up, not down. Look below for light summer recipes and fashion inspiration! Have suggestions, comments, questions? Send them our way. #Cayisa or click to comment – we’re ready and waiting!
4. If you need a fun project to do with girlfriends (or your kids), make corn on the cob even better with these dino corn holders
. Or make clay plant pots
with pineapple personality.
5. Sometimes looking the part helps us feel the part. Put your best foot forward this summer with a cover-up you can love and accessories you can rock. Click here for more Cayisa
Thanks for stopping by – we’ll see you next week!
(Photo credit: linked sites)
Mondays can bring all sorts of challenges. First zumba classes (insert sound-clip of my creaking bones here), back to back meetings, daycare drop offs, dinner on the run – the list goes on. If you’ve had a manic Monday and are just now settling in for the night, look below for a quick dinner option. If your kids are home for the summer and causing mayhem, click on the link for summer fun. Summer also brings another unique challenge that looks a lot like a yellow polka dot bikini…
Bathing suit shopping is the bane of my existence because let’s face it, nobody looks awesome in the glaring light of a changing room and the options are endless. Check out how you can style Cayisa with a rocking bathing suit and remember that you’re lovely, whether you’ve got the perfect beach bod or not. And before you reach for physical perfection, remember the mental hurdles have to be jumped first. If your heart and mind are happy, your healthy body will arrive that much faster.
2. Coca cola may not be the healthiest beverage in the world, but it has one cute logo. Vamp up your recyclables
with some DIY.
3. Bathing suits galore! What style are you going for this year? Click on the image for more style info. Want more Cayisa? Click here
(Photo credit: linked websites)
We know there are plenty of blogs out there, so thanks for stopping by our little corner of the web! These weekly posts are your chance to read up on healthy tips and trends – from recipes to fashion, we’ve got you covered. Life moves quickly and we know how important it is to absorb every precious moment that comes your way. We love the moments you’ve shared with us lately so keep them coming! Check out the DIY projects below and then put your inspiration into action!
1. Chalk board art. is. everywhere. It’s also harder than it looks (mostly because cursive was so elementary school and we’ve since forgotten how to make it look pretty). However, chalkboards are incredibly useful, especially for party decor, so if you want to be a lettering guru, check out this page
for more info. It actually isn’t that
difficult…it just takes a few minutes to pick up.
2. Big, chuck-it-all-in salads are great because you put in minimal effort yet end up with lots of color and wonderful flavours. If you’re on the go, put your ingredients in a mason jar, screw on the lid, and grab a fork. Easy. Try this recipe
3. Another party decoration that’s all the rage is the paper flower
. These ones, from Apartment Therapy
, have surfaced all over the place lately, and that’s probably because they’re cute and cheap. Whether you’re prepping for a backyard shindig or just want to liven up your kitchen table, paper flowers might be the way to go.
4. Nothing says summer like popsicles! This peach creamsicle recipe
is healthy and sure to please. Let us know what you think!
(Photo credit: linked sites)
The weeks, they just keep rolling. Cheers to another Monday conquered! Break up the monotony of your daily routine by spending a few moments here. There’s plenty to see and consider – especially if you’re into fashion with a cause.
If you’ve had trouble staving off the sugar cravings lately, give healthy snacking a try! It happens to the best of us – donuts in the break room, that friendly neighborhood baker with extra time on her hands…baked goods are yummy but such a frenemy when you’re trying to cut the chemicals and fight for the fresh. Healthy meals are similarly tricky. But look below for recipes and DIY that will give you a reason to celebrate Monday. Valuing the little things in life is essential to having a positive outlook – so tell us, what are you thankful for today? #Cayisa and let us know!
(Photo credit: linked sites)
Happy Monday Cayisa readers! I hope you’re tackling Monday in style (somebody has to). If you’re just here for the recipes, scroll on down for a meatless menu that should make you and your family happy. If you’re interested in healthful living, consider visiting Food Babe’s website to watch this video, which supports wiser shopping habits.
This family of five volunteered for a study conducted by the Swedish Environmental Research Institute. You can get the full story on Food Babe’s website here. It is so important to be aware of how simple choices in the grocery store will later affect your mind and body!
1. Mexican flavours just taste like summer. Get in the mood for sunshine, tans, and family time with these simple veggie dinners. The cheesy quesadillas
can be dressed up with cilantro, tomatoes, onions, peppers – whatever your kids prefer! These loaded nachos
will be perfect with one of today’s snack options: healthy guac (see #3).
2. Get inspired by something today! Start a new book, write a few lines of poetry, crack open that journal you’ve been ignoring. Find this print on Etsy
and this stack on Cayisa
4. Are you crafting obsessed? This DIY tutorial for screen printing
will help you transform any old sweatshirt in your closet. Give it a try and #Cayisa so we can see!
(Photo credit: linked sites)
Welcome to another week! We hope you had a rest filled weekend and are ready to continue living healthfully with us today! If you’re body has been struggling to adjust to spring temps (cough cough, allergies, cough cough), the Tuscan bean soup recipe below will soothe any cold. There’s also a recipe for elderberry gummies that might just help you sleep. But what’s got me really excited is the wooden print from Etsy. I love a good pun and this one is too cute. It will look great on your walls and remind you to eat those veggies.
As always, #cayisa if you’re getting crafty or creative and give our mission a share! We want to support the causes you’re passionate about! So keep living healthfully, don’t give up, and check back here on Thursday for another Green Scene post.
3. Who says gummies are just for kids? Real food RN has the recipe
5. Make time in your week to work out. It’s the perfect stress relief. And if arm candy helps you get through it, then sport some Cayisa
(photo credit: linked sites)
Happy Monday! You’ve made it through another one – congrats! Keep on keeping on by feeding your mind, your body, your passions, and your heart. Go green with Cayisa, just in time for St. Patrick’s Day! Experiment with fun DIY crafts. And prioritize nutritious living. Let’s be honest, powering through the week is always easier when you’ve got super foods and a positive outlook in hand.
1. The classics never grow old. Try decorating with timeless lyrics thanks to Etsy
3. Frozen yogurt bites are a quick snack for those crazy days when gourmet meals just aren’t an option. You can thank Eats Amazing
4. These clover filled pots
are the perfect St. Patrick’s Day craft. Your kids are sure to love them!
5. Eating clean doesn’t mean sacrificing the good stuff. These frozen bananas
will satisfy your sweet tooth and keep you from feeling guilty. Win win!
(Photo credit courtesy of linked sites)
Happy Monday! You’ve successfully survived springing forward! Why not reset your living patterns for this week, too? Start off with a healthy meal, energize yourself through plenty of exercise, reward yourself, and maybe even wear a little Cayisa. Living healthfully is contagious, so catch this thing along with us!
1. What’s for dinner? A sweet potato and black bean bowl from Recipe Runner!
2. This print from Etsy is the perfect gift. Or, fill up some blank space on your own wall!
3. These mango fruit roll-ups will be a major hit with everyone in your family thanks to Just a Taste!
4. Washi tape has endless uses. Check out this craft from Good Housekeeping!
5. Vegan chai ice cream is equally warm and refreshing – no matter where you are, it’s a healthy treat from the Minimalist Baker.
(photo credit to linked pages)
The first Monday of March means spring is on its way!
Prepare your mind and body for warmer weather and fresher air by eating well, getting crafty, and staying active. As always, we’ve got the recipe for a vegetarian dinner to kick-start your week and some fun pinterest finds to keep you motivated.
No matter the places you’re going this spring, we’ll make sure the healthiest version of you steps out in style.
1. How about caprese lasagna roll ups from Cooking Classy and a raw zucchini salad from Skinny Taste? #yesplease
2. This fun card sold out on Etsy but grab some cardstock and a pair of scissors and you can easily make your own!
3. Parmesan cauliflower bites from D*** Delicious are a better alternative to fries and may even appeal to your kids…here’s hoping.
4. Reduce, reuse, recycle. Why not look out for an old chandelier and renovate it into this nifty planter from Handimania?
5. A sunshine smoothie from Sally’s Baking Addiction is sure to put some pep in your step. Need a little arm candy as well? Try Cayisa.
It’s the last Monday in February which feels like it should warrant some kind of celebration – we are inching our way out of winter and into the beginning of spring!
If you’re still snowed in, get crafty with this week’s DIY mason jar projects.
If you’re enjoying some heat, make sure to drink lots of water and maybe try upping your ice cube game.
As always, this week’s post features healthy steps to maintaining a healthy you!
2. Flourless fudge cookies from i Heart Eating
. All of the chocolate, none of the guilt.
3. DIY chocolate almond butter is the perfect snack. Spread this treat from Desserts With Benefits
on fruit, crackers, toast – you name it.
4. Mason jars are still in style and the decorating possibilities are endless. Look at these ideas from My Perfect Line
5. Who says drinking water has to be boring? Express-O
will help you befriend water in no time.
(Photo credit goes to linked sites)